DESIGN RESEARCH METHODOLOGY - PROJECT 1

28/8/2018 - 18/9/2018  (Week 1 - Week 4 )
Ng Shu Zhi (0327158)
Design Research Methodology - Proposal

LECTURES
Week 1: We were given an introduction to the course by an interesting exercise of giving a presentation for the process to our past designs. Through that Ms Jinchi transitioned into the lecture about research and why we have to do research.

Week 2: Today we had a lecture about Problem Statements, Research Questions and Research Objectives then had a critique session where we gave presentations on our topic of interest. 

Week 3: [Public Holiday]


Week 4: [Tutor session]


INSTRUCTIONS




WORK


Week 2: Topic of interest




At first I wanted to do something more about the psychological effects games and movies have towards people from childhood into adulthood but then that topic was too broad to do research on for only 14 weeks so I was to narrow it down into a specific topic to research on. On those slides, I had listed "Analyse colours and compositions of movies and how it affects people" and the lecturers advised me to tweak that activity and turn it into a possible research question.


Week 3: Proposal draft


With the advice from the lecturers, I had tweaked that one activity I've planned into the topic I would be researching on so now my research question is "Why colours and composition is so important in animation?"


Feedback: My tutor had told me the topic was okay to continue my research on but my proposal was all over the place and not straight to the point.

For my new topic, I will be researching the success of Disney animation's use of compositions and colours, and the effects they give viewers.
With this research, the topic was also too broad so I had chosen to change my topic to another topic which I had considered before choosing to do the composition and colours.

Week 4: New topic and Proposal

I had chosen to change my topic into another topic which I was considering before proceeding with the colours and composition topic. This topic is about the evolution from hypersexualised female characters in gaming to respectable representation of female bodies in gaming industry.

The slides had gone through some reediting so the slides with yellow in them are the for the proposal.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VISUAL NARRATIVE AND ILLUSTRATION - FINAL PROJECT

INTERCULTURAL DESIGN

INTERACTIVE DESIGN - EXERCISES