DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - FINAL PROJECT


DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY AND IMAGING - FINAL PROJECT

15/6/2018 - 13/07/2018 week 13 -week 16
Ng Shu Zhi (0327158)
Digital photography and imaging - Cinemagraph - Surrealistic Parallax

LECTURES
Week 11: We were to take pictures of our models for our exercise on using after effects in the classroom after out Raya holiday

Week 12: (Raya Holiday)


Week 13: We were taught how to use Adobe After Effects like masking, using a green screen to remove the background to an image. Also how to animate using After Effects.

WORK



This is my final piece for this project




This was the Surrealistic inspiration for my final piece where I liked the idea of having the snow fall within the dress over a snowy town.




These were the images I used to create the still image to be put into After Effects then I added the snow in After effects.

REFLECTION
Experience
It was fun to be able to learn about using after effects and green screens to do this projects. My piece piece also required to use 2 layers where 1 is the static image and another is using the mask for the image by making a hole of the silhouette of the girl.

Observation
While doing this final project I found out my laptop doesn't have the RAM space to do these kinds of pieces so I had to go to Taylor's to continue my work. My snow was also a bit too much, at first I planned to have a foreground, midground and background of snow but then that proved to be too much snow and made the piece looked messy.

Findings
I found out that After Effects is a very time consuming work that requires an attention to detail as this is a Surrealistic artwork. It was also very interesting to be able to learn how to use the green screens like the movies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VISUAL NARRATIVE AND ILLUSTRATION - FINAL PROJECT

INTERCULTURAL DESIGN

INTERACTIVE DESIGN - EXERCISES