DISSERTATION

Google drive to all works:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lZ3zn5ewdBMEqoOtqXwcgneYmD8qAu5u

Project 1 - Dissertation draft
Week 2
Ms Hayati told us to review our old literature and reflect on it to think of a prototype for our final year project.

Feedback: Ms Hayati gave me a thorough explanation about writing the dissertation

Week 3
I made my dissertation skeleton and started on the introduction to my dissertation.

Feedback: For my literature review, I needed to compare and contrast all of the literature I had read instead of only comparing 2 literatures. I’ll also have to go through some notes to ensure my content has substantial meaning.

Week 4
I started on my methodology because I didn't have the mood to write a literature review yet so I gathered my old data and looked at it again to write the methodology part of the dissertation.

Feedback:

  • I needed a title
  • Correlate every sub-topic with each other in the literature review
  • Add pictures to the methodology for clarity
  • My paragraphs feel lost so I’ll have to connect the flow better.
  • I should take the research from my character design literature for my development for Lara Croft.

Week 5
I continued the dissertation after doing methodology with my discussion because I still remembered some material which I wanted to write in the discussion so i started writing it so I won't forget it later. I also changed my research title to be a case study on Lara Croft instead of just looking at the development of hypersexualised female characters without having more examples of other characters.

Feedback:

  • Talk about the change of the title
  • can add my hypothesis from the earlier semester
  • make an appendix and put the research questions in there
  • Qualitative and Quantitative questions can exist in the same questionnaire



Week 6

Continuation of my discussion and finishing my literature review.



Feedback:

  • Check the grammar to my dissertation
  • Add images to my literature review part
  • Add Research Design, Research Instrumentation and Research Sampling



Week 7

Made moodboards for the cover and dissertation layout



Feedback:
It would be better to design something that would be related to our dissertation


Week 8
Made the dissertation layout


Feedback:

  • The concept couldn’t be seen
  • The font didn’t fit in with the dissertation very well
  • I was shown some examples on layouts which were close to what I wanted to do

Week 9
I fixed up my layout



Feedback:
I was told to be careful about margins for my grid system

Week 10
[holiday]


Week 11
Progress on fixing the layout



Feedback:
I had to try and fix my resolution for my dissertation cover

Week 12
Tried fixing the cover resolution, it still didn’t work



Feedback:

  • I was given my feedback to fix my design methodology sections
  • rephrase a few sentences

Week 13
I discussed with Ms Hayati about the journals which I chose


Feedback:
Best journal to choose was SAGE’s Games and Culture journal so if I could find a sample, it would help me be able to pick that journal

Week 14
Spoke to Ms Hayati about the journal I chose being SAGE: Games and Culture journal

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ePwPlFB1F4CxYJQFm_ZRLSaIcKXAeW7qz6h0xSxex5Y/edit?usp=sharing

 Feedback:
Ms Hayati told me about how I had to make my article look exactly like the sample I found and to cross ref the other samples given to make sure I’m doing the right thing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VISUAL NARRATIVE AND ILLUSTRATION - FINAL PROJECT

INTERCULTURAL DESIGN

INTERACTIVE DESIGN - EXERCISES