TYPOGRAPHY - FINAL COMPILATION


TYPORGRAPHY - FINAL COMPILATION

27/3/2018 - 26/66/2018 (Week 1 - Week 14)
Ng Shu Zhi (0327158)
Typography - Final Compilation

INSTRUCTIONS






EXERCISES
fig 1.1 Calligraphy using foundational hand

fig 1.2 static font of my adjective to portray myself, bubbly

fig 1.3 my gif portraying the adjective bubbly




fig  1.4 Word expression exercise

 
fig 1.5 Animating the word stress


PROJECT 1 - A storybook




fig 2.1 PDF of my Mr Babadook book
PROJECT 2 - Font Design


fig 3.1 completed letterform of Taylor's

PROJECT 3 - FINAL PROJECT - Typography: Expression, Composition and Hierarchy


fig 4.1 Final Typography artwork

 fig 4.2 Framed work of the final typography design

REFLECTION

Experience
To sum up the past 14 weeks, I would say it was a doable experience since experiencing the hell that is architecture. I can see how the teachers are pushing the students and I think it's good to push students but not without giving sufficient feedback to the students. I've actually come to enjoy this class, Mr Vinod has done a good job at trying to push the students into making great designs, it's just the morning slot and 6 hour time period that irk me.

Observation
I've noticed while going through this class, I've began to appreciate typography more and opened my eyes to more typography designs. I've never noticed the many different designs we can make with typography and that typography is actually a very delicate element to design.

Findings
There is much more to typography than I thought and it has opened a new door of possible design opportunities for me to explore. From this course I've learned to be more detail oriented with my work like looking at alignment. I've also tried my hand at experimenting on many different layouts for the final project, it has opened new ways of experimentation that I can put into any future designs I do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VISUAL NARRATIVE AND ILLUSTRATION - FINAL PROJECT

INTERCULTURAL DESIGN

INTERACTIVE DESIGN - EXERCISES